2007/10/11

Favia sp. and Amblyeleotris guttata

I have performed 10% water change today and have rinsed all filter media. The SG is at 1.025, temperature is at 26'C, PO4 is 0.03ppm, NO3 at 2,5ppm. I introduced some Rowa Po4 and Silicate remover to the filter media. I will dose 1 ml of Calcium chloride 3 times a week, 2ml Salifert All In One every week (Tuesdays), 1ml Iodine every second week (the 1st and the 3rd Thursday in a month). I also replaced the Nano Koralia 900 l/h pump with a Ferplast 250 l/h. Now I have less circulation than before, and corals seem be thriving much better. The circulation now is: Maxi Jet 680 l/h + Ferplast 250 l/h.

The Goniopora is thriving extremely well in these Nano conditions;
I introduced another stone coral - Favia sp.
I also added one Spotted prawn goby (Amblyeleotris guttata). It grows to 7cm.