2007/09/11

The Clownfish has arrived

I introduced 2 Amphiprion ocellaris (Clownfish) today. After about 45 min. of acclimating them they were introduced to the aquarium. They immediately started feeding on Cyclops, I have fed to the Corals, which was a good sign. Meaning, they are far from being under stress. These Clowns are bred in Sweden.
I moved the Goniopora more to the front centre. The aquascape works much better now.
I also added one coral today. The Green Bubble Coral (Plerogyra sinuosa). Since this coral is very aggressive I have placed it away from the other corals.
Trachyphyllia is starting to look more meaty. Very beautiful coral!
I started dosing Salifert "All In One", for healthy coral growth. I dose 2,5 ml every week. "All In One" contains almost everything required for growth by corals and the beautiful encrusting pink and red coralline algae. All in One will increase the alkalinity (carbonate hardness), calcium, strontium, trace elements (except iodine) and amino acids concentrations.
Photos by Dusko Bojic.